Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Customer is always right?

            We all heard the policy when it comes to working with people and many of us stick by it, others get fired over it. Then there are those who are just amazed at the accusations people come up with.
            If you want to pick your own numbers then you have to fill out a card except for the Pick 3 and Pick 4. When people ask if they can give them numbers I have to say no and most of the time they understand but when there is someone who gets upset by the word no they continue to give an attitude.
            There was one customer who completely flipped out on me because I wouldn’t put in her numbers. I would of put the numbers in just to get her away from me but my boss was nearby and I rather not lose my job over someone I don’t even know. About five minutes passed and one of the store managers approached me. He explained to me how I should give her the numbers she wants. I agreed with him and she ended up filling out a card and she bought her ticket. The funny thing is, what she just did is exactly what I asked her to do before she gave me an attitude.
            I really don’t have much room to talk about knowing so much about the lottery. But since i've been working there for a good three months I would think by now I know a lot more. Personally I cannot stand when people play the lottery and they don’t know what they're doing. If someone just wakes up one day and decides to play some numbers then atleast know what your doing. This customer I had put down some money on the counter along with her tickets. She first asked me to check her tickets from yesterday and one of them didn’t have the results left. I told her how this game doesn’t go off till tomorrow and she asked me if she bought this ticket this morning. She told me she doesn’t remember buying this ticket and asked if I remember her getting one. I told her I wasn’t even here this morning so I wouldn’t know but I nicely showed her what exactly she bought. After her confusion I thought I wouldn’t see her till next week. Sadly I was wrong and  I had a manager again approach me saying that this woman lost her money. But really he pretty much said she accused me of taking her money. I never did and I thought well if she cannot remember buying her ticket then obviously she isn’t responsible for her money. Ends up my money was even and I didn’t steal anything and once again I was right not the customer.

No comments:

Post a Comment